Search This Blog

Wednesday

#5 The Reception Venue

During our search for the venue, I knew I wanted something unique (to us, anyway). I did not want to have it in a ballroom or a banquet hall. While I have been to many lovely and fun weddings in ballrooms and banquet halls, I wanted something different. J would have preferred a ballroom and banquet hall, but he already had his choice for the ceremony venue, so it was only fair for me to pick a reception venue. I was really looking for a blank space that we could personalize. With this in mind, I considered the following venues:
1. Lofts
2. Art Galleries
3. Warehouses

I also had some other considerations when choosing the venue. Such as,
1. price
2. availability
3. flexibilty (with time, outside vendors, decor, etc.)
4. location (it had to be in the city)
5. parking


With this information in mind, my internet search led me to these five contenders:
1. Ravenswood Event Center
2. Westgrand Loft
3. The Newberry Library
4. St. Ignatius College Prep
5. The Society for Arts

I'll share which one we chose in another post. How about you? What type of venue(s) did you consider? How did you make your final decision?

2 comments:

Sara said...

hi! I found your blog on the weddingbee post. We wanted to steer clear of ballrooms and banquet halls too- decided on a Historic home on the banks of the Delaware river. Perfect for our wedding on 10/23/10. I am looking forward to reading more on your blog and am now following :-)

LoVes and Vices said...

Sounds beautiful! I am following you too! Looking forward to reading about your journey, date twin!!